Saturday, May 5, 2012

New beginnings.............................

A couple of weeks ago, I left my job (that I had for 16 years) to begin a new adventure.
Making the decision to leave was hard.
I knew it had to be done since my commute was 70 miles (each way).  
With gas prices soaring and no end in site, it was time.
It was hard to let go of the "work family" the people that I have worked side-by-side with for so many years.  In some sense, I grew up there.
They were they people who encouraged, believed in me and taught me to grow.
It was hard turning off the light to my office and leaving behind 
those memories.
It never felt like a job to me, it was what I loved. 
So despite, the long commute even longer in Winter months, I never complained.
So here I am, several weeks later, in a new job-with new people.
I am making new friendships and learning new things.
It is GROWTH!
I still miss my clients and co-workers and "my identity". 
My job, was who I was.
I am learning to find myself.
I am re-discovering who I am in this new career.
I am navigating my way through new friendships.
I am beginning this new chapter in my life.
I am growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment