Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mothers Day is more than flowers, cards and sweet treats (don't get me wrong, I don't complain when I get all of the above). For me though, it is about honor.  Honoring my mom and other moms who give so much of themselves everyday. It is a day to reflect on all of the goodness that makes us a mom. As mothers, our jobs never end.  We nurture, love (unconditionally), and are selfless.  It is a day to STOP, reflect and appreciate all that sometimes goes unnoticed.  Everyday is truly MOTHER'S DAY!  We as mothers, are given love, respect, kindness, gratitude and priceless memories each day of our lives.  It is taking the moments to stop and notice.  I cannot say that every day is an "ice cream sundae with a cherry on top" but I do believe we as mother's thrive every day from our children's love and the ever changing journey of motherhood.  I feel ever so blessed today that I am a mom!  I feel blessed to have my own mother still here with me to love and nurture me in ways that only a mother can do. My wish is that all mothers feel blessed TODAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment